Posts for category: HALLOWEEN
It's that spooky time of year again! Yep, It's the week of Halloween 2020!! Although 2020 has been a very interesting year, to say the least, if you do plan on going door-to-door trick or treating, attending a party dressed in a clever, silly, or scary costume, or simply staying home and devouring all of that candy that you purchased, please keep in mind the following tips from the American Dental Association to help reduce tooth-decay!
- EAT TREATS WITH MEALS. Instead of sitting down with just your bag of candy, eat a couple of treats at one of your well-balanced meals. The saliva production increases during meals, washing out food particles and helping to neutralize cavity causing plaque acid.
- CONSIDER CHEWING ADA-ACCEPTED SUGARLESS GUM AFTER MEALS. Certain sugarless gums have earned the ADA Seal of Acceptance for scientifically proving that chewing the gum for 20 minutes after meals helped prevent tooth decay because the gum increases saliva production, neutralizing cavity causing plaque acid.
- DRINK WATER AFTER TREATS. Water can help wash away the sugar from the candies.
- BRUSH & FLOSS. Floss once a day, brush twice a day and eat three balanced meals a day.
- MAINTAIN REGULAR DENTAL CHECK-UPS. Regular dental cleanings and exams can reduce your risk for dental problems.