As we begin yet another year, our team at Thomas Family Dentistry wanted to remind everyone to practice good oral hygiene to keep your smile looking its best throughout the entire year of 2018! Of course, this includes brushing and flossing on a regular basis, brushing after consuming foods that can stain your teeth, and visiting our office every six months or as recommended.
The American Dental Association also recommends the following for ideal oral health:
- Brush two minutes twice daily
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Floss daily to clean between your teeth where the toothbrush cannot reach
- Eat a well balanced diet
- Limit between-meal snacks
- Maintain regular professional cleanings and exams
Finally, another great reason to smile this year comes from a recent study that has shown that smiling can actually cause you to live longer! If you have any questions or are in need of a dental appointment, call our office at 918-455-0123!