Although we can all agree that life is full of RISKS, most people don't realize that some very common health related risks can actually be easily reduced! Since many Americans find that following a very strict health regimen too difficult to maintain, today's BLOG takes a look at a simple way to dramatically neutralize some of the health related issues that we all face, and "Wellness" starts with Healthy Gums!
Let's take a look at the stats:
- 80% of American Adults have gum disease.
- 93% of people with gum disease are at risk for diabetes.
- 54% of people with gum disease are more likely to develop pancreatic cancer.
- 30% of people with gum disease are more likely to develop kidney cancer.
- 49% of people with gum disease are more likely to develop blood cancer.
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to die from heart disease.
Understanding these statistics can bring an increased awareness of why the dental profession consistenty discusses the importance of gum disease prevention! Besides regular professional dental cleanings, effective toothbrushing a full two minutes twice daily and flossing once a day can greatly reduce the diseases that many people develop during their lifetime. It's all about reducing the plaque, the sticky film of bacteria that daily forms on the surface of the teeth. As bacterial acid forms, the infammatory process begins with all of its cascading health related effects! Disrupting bacteria decreases the acid concentration, which leads to an improvement of your dental health!